Friday, July 02, 2004

I Can't Believe I Ate The Whole Thing

After work yesterday, Lindsey went to stay at her mom's house, so I had my apartment to myself for the evening. I went and bought a beer, and a pizza at Papa Murphy's. I went home, baked the pizza, drank my beer, and, since I've just finished reading In The Company of Heroes by Michael Durant, the helicopter pilot of Super64 that crashed in Somalia back in 1993, I settled in to watch Black Hawk Down again, to see if I could make sense of the movie this time. It was surreal to watch the story unfold, now that I'd had a different perspective on it.

Now, to the pizza. Pizza and I are good friends. We can afford to be less good friends, because I usually overindulged when I have pizza. Last night was no different, but oy!, did I overdo it. I went to bed very full, and slept fitfully all night long. I got up several times during the night, feeling horrible, with a terrible thirst. I started to think maybe I'd been poisoned! I drank cup after cup of water. I even went out into the kitchen (I NEVER go into the kitchen at night, so this was dire), and got some ice and made some super cold ice-water, so see if that would quench the thirst. It helped, so I tried to lay back down and go to sleep. I slept fitfully because I just could not get comfortable, and woke up dead-dog tired. I showered and dressed for work, and staggered bleary-eyed into the Donut King for my morning cup of coffee. I didn't start feeling better until about 10am.

I swear I'll never eat pizza again.....until the next time.

No comments: