Sunday, January 23, 2005

Comcast Overcast

Comcast Cable is having issues in my area. Connectivity issues, which, considering it's the internet, is the ONLY issue of importance. For about a week now, the connection has been radomly hit and miss. I get DNS errors on pages I visit routinely. I can't even bring up Blogger! Argh!! (Obviously, I'm not doing THIS post from home.)

I talked to a Comcast rep on their "chat help" site yesterday. He wasn't very helpful, and it seemed to be mostly canned responses, but... well.. here...

------------------------------
Richard > Thank you for contacting Comcast, my name is Richard. How may I help you today?

Mike > Can you please check on connection issues in my zip code, 95610? I've been having issues reaching various web pages over the past week.
Mike > I was told there was a problem, but I'm curious if/when it will be resolved?

Richard > I apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing with your connection. I would be happy to assist you with that. May I begin with your first name please?

Mike > Uhm... Mike

Richard > Thank you. Please hold while I check for outages.

Mike > thank you

(looooooong wait)

Mike > Still checking?

Richard > Yes I am. One moment please.

(waiting.....waiting....)

Richard > Thank you for holding. The outage is stil active at time.

Mike > okie... just checking.. tx

Richard > I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that causes you. We are working to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.

Mike > OK... it has been about a week, is that correct? Can you tell me what the problem is?

Richard > Unfortunately I do not have an estimated time of resolution when the problem was declared. However it is still active. The problem is something technical with the network. I'm sorry but I do not have more details on that.

Mike > okie doke... thank you for checking.... good day
--------------------------

The problem is, NO ONE at Comcast is able to tell me WHAT the problem is. I find that strange. Anyway, I'm gonna have to hit them up for a one or two week credit on my service.


No comments: