Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Magnum Size It, Please


So, I bought a car the other day. Not that I was planning to, but I did. It was completely on a whim without absolutely no forthought to the entire process. I dunno if I did good or not, but I'm really happy with it.

I bought a Dodge Magnum wagon. I'd been eyeing those things since they hit the road two years ago. I can even remember the first time I saw a cherry red Magnum wagon rolling down the street, all crouched down on oversized tires smoothly eating up the pavement.

It's not a brand new car, but it is a 2005. It's not the big ol' Hemi V8, but a simple 6cyl 2.7liter developing 190hp at the top. No leather seats or GPS navigation. Just a CD/Stereo and power windows. Not overly impressive numbers, but plenty for me.

I'd been wanting a minivan or something of that nature, for the room and versatility, and I think the Magnum is going to fit that bill nicely. The storage area in the back is very large, and the seating is very roomy, fitting three adults in the back seat quite comfortably, and man is it quiet inside!

I passed on my trusty Ford Focus to my daughter. It has over 100,000 miles on it, and I think it has at least another 100,000 more. For a 5-year old car, I think I kept it in pretty good shape. It still looks almost new.

I'll let ya know how I like the car as time passes, and how well it holds up, but so far.... I'm as happy with the Dodge Magnum as I've been with any car I've owned.

This advertisment brought to you by Daimler-Chrysler. Or at least it should be.

No comments: