Thursday, June 10, 2004

Hmmmmm

Some nights I just don't know what to write. I've been feeling a little lost lately. Kinda spiritually down. I'm gonna take LMJ camping Monday for a couple of days on my days off; take some time to re-connect with her. Tomorrow is the last day of school for the kids, and none of them are in summer school, so I'll be able to spend time with them on my Mon/Tue/Wed days off finally. Family life just isn't the same when they all have weekends off, and I have to work.

I'm taking this Sunday off, though. I need to go to church.

I met with my brother Jack today, talked to him a bit. He's reading through a Bible I got for him the other day. That really blesed my heart to know my brother is looking for answers, and thinking there might be some in the Bible. I hope I can help him with any questions he might have. I love him to death, and I'm really looking forward to getting to know him. We haven't really known each other since I got married, almost 20 years ago. I went my way, he was busy living his life. We saw each other at family re-unions, and he'd call me up once in a while and we'd have coffee. But we never really got to KNOW each other as adults. Heck, I haven't gotten to know ANY of my brothers and sisters, really. It's nice re-connecting with them all, slowly. Jack's a good guy. A lot stronger man than I gave him credit for. I'll be better off for having him in my life, I'm sure of it.

No comments: