Sunday, June 06, 2004

Tough Weekend

My brother separated from his wife this weekend. I've seen it coming for a long time. It's most always sad and tragic when a marriage ends, but sometimes tough choices just must be made. We've talked a bit, myself having gone through a split just in the last year. In this case, I think my brother had several sad alternatives to choose from, but I think he chose the right one. It's tough, but I think he's going to be OK.

To add to his family's stress, his 21-year old stepdaughter had a stillborn birth today. The baby was about 7months along. The doctors say his stepdaughter's lucky to be alive. She's doing alright, resting in the hospital tonight.

Talk about pouring when it rains.

LMJ was here for the weekend. To bad I wasn't around all that much, but such is life sometimes. LMJ is a pretty neat kid. We went to TGI Friday's for dinner last night, talked about everything.

I love having my girls around. They are all so different. It constantly amazes me to see how they've grown and what they are turning into.

I watched one of my favorite movies of all time, tonight, "Meet Joe Black". Cameron curled up with me for the last half hour, during all the tearful goodbyes. It's SUCH a daddy/daughter movie, and it felt so good to have my daughter curled up with me.

Life's tough, but life's good. I like this quote: "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a gift to be enjoyed." I dunno who to attribute that to, but it's certainly someone smarter than me. It expresses the way I want to live, and how I want to teach my kids to live.

No comments: