Tuesday, October 19, 2004

John Stewart & Crossfire

Ok, I know I'm a day or two late on this, but if I didn't see this until today, there's probably still a person or two who hasn't seen it yet. John Stewart (of The Daily Show fame) on CNN's Crossfire, last Friday. It's an absolute hoot! Stewart takes the CNN guys to task for being party-hacks, and oh, MY! are the CNN-ites not happy about it. Score one really big point for Stewart who, I must admit, is funny as heck while, at the same time, very honest in this interview.

I think my favorite exchange is when the CNN guys try to take Stewart to task for not doing hard news when he has important politico's on.

CARLSON (the Crossfire co-host with the bowtie): You had John Kerry on your show and you sniff his throne and you're accusing us of partisan hackery?
STEWART: Absolutely.
CARLSON: You've got to be kidding me. He comes on and you...
STEWART: You're on CNN. The show that leads into me is puppets making crank phone calls!

There's a million places to search and download the interview, but this is where I saw it. It's as good a place as any.

Now THIS is what I call "Must See TV!".

No comments: