Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Movin' On Up

My brother's moving to Eureka, and I'm jealous!

Well, not green-eyed-monster jealous, but I am envious. Jack works for the California Highway Patrol as a dispatcher (just like me, only I'm Sac County), and after 9 years of toiling in Vallejo and Sacramento, got a job out in the country. CHP has a dispatch center in Eureka, and he finally got the slot. I'm gonna help him move in early November, and he should be reporting for duty sometime in the middle of November.

I have to give him, and his fiance, a big thanks for a gift they gave me, though. A CalKing-sized bed! Practically new. Seeing as how I'd been sleeping on a regular twin bed (and those of you who know me will understand, a twin's not really big enough), it's a timely gift, and I thank them very much.

I'm coming up on 15 years in my job. I'm looking forward to the trip to Eureka to look around. After my kids are grown and no longer need dad to be in a particular place for their schooling, etc, I'll be looking around for some place quiet to live, too. I love the coast, and someplace like Eureka might fit the bill.

Never hurts to look, anyway.

No comments: