Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Took Camie to see Phantom of the Opera last night. 3rd time for me! I just love that movie. The music is extraordinary! The cinematography is spectacular! The love story is moving and oh, so romantic. Emmy Rossum is just wonderful as Christine (and she sings like an angel), and makes me long to be in my 20s again, just starting out, taking those first steps in life and love. Sigh....

Anyway, enough of that sappy, whimply, cry-baby stuff.

My digital camera broke! Something inside the imaging mechanism gave out, and all the photos turned out looking like prism light, with long vertical lines of resolution smudging all the colors. Oh well, I abused that little camera pretty badly, and it stood up to the abuse fairly well. Gives me an excuse to go look for a new camera. I want something with at least 3.5MP resolution, and either a 10X optical zoom, or attatchment capabilities so I can buy a telephoto lense. So many times, especially in the mountains, I can see something pretty cool off in the distance, that if I'd had a good telephoto lense, would have made an awesome photograph. So, I was a good zoom or telephoto lense on it.

When I'd finally decided the camera was busted, I broke out my little screwdriver and took it apart, to see what's inside. Nothing that made any sense to me, just tiny 3 little mother-board type boards, lots of soldering and wires, but I did get a heck of a shock off the flash-bulb mechanism. I guess it still had one charge stored in it, and only AFTER I touched it and got a rude shock did I see the very, very small lettering reading "Caution: High Voltage". I think next I'll take apart the blender while it's still running. Jeez.....

No comments: