Friday, April 15, 2005

Tax Deadline

This is it folks, April 15th, a date each year that will live in infamy in the hearts of American's the world over.

I have really come to dread tax day. For the past 5 or 6 years, I've been behind in my taxes. I owe quite a little bit, due to my own fault of course. For several years I didn't have enough money withheld from my paycheck to cover the year's taxes. These last two years I would have gotten refunds, but the IRS kept the money to pay the back taxes, which actually is fine. This year, I think I'm finally back on track.

I remember an episode of "Little House on the Praire" where they were discussing the Federal Government, and the high taxes of, what... 1880? A fellow says the government was talking about taxing the money a man earns, and another fellow says, "tax my earnings? Over my dead body!!"

Sigh.

Anyway... I hope you filed you taxes on time. It's bad news if you don't. Trust me.

No comments: