Thursday, June 16, 2005

StormWatch 2005

It rained today in Sacramento. A little bit. I think we got 0.15 inches or something like that. With the media coverage you'd think a polar ice cap had melted and flowed through the Sacramento Valley.

The local news (KCRA Channel 3, the big dog in Sacramento) opened their news coverage with footage of rain drops falling into a puddle of water on the side of the road. News coverage went on with two (count 'em, TWO!) live broadcasts related to the "weather". #1 -river front businesses were impacted by the "cold" weather, and lack of customers. The "impact" is felt community wide. #2 - fans at the River Cats game got wet, and drank hot chocolate instead of beer. I know 4 days of rain in June is a record of some kind, but folks........ it's just rain.

And a very little bit of rain at that.

I went shopping and loaded groceries into my car... in the rain!
I drove... in the rain!
I took the dog out... in the rain!
No news people interviewed me! I was slogging and carrying on!

Sigh...

No comments: