Tuesday, October 25, 2005

DL Security

I get a lot of spam and jokes in my e-mail from friends. Most of the time I just chuckle at the jokes, but I rarely forward them. This was disturbing and I thought it was worth telling people about.

Here's the e-mail, I encourage you not to ignore it:

Protect Your Driver's License!
This is upsetting, thought I should pass it along. Check your drivers
license. Now you can see anyone's Driver's License on the Internet,
including your own! I just searched for mine and there it
was...picture and all! Thanks Homeland Security! Privacy, where is our
right to it? I definitely removed mine, I suggest you all do the
same.... Go to the web site and check it out. Just enter your name,
city and state to see if yours is on file. After your license comes on
the screen, click the box marked "Please Remove". This will remove it
from public viewing, but not from law enforcement Click here: Driver's
License Search

No comments: