Saturday, May 21, 2011

Ellis Latrell

Oh my gosh! It actually happened!!!

No, not the end of the world.

My grandson was born!!!!!


My first grandchild, Ellis Latrell Matthews made his entrance into the world on Thursday, May 19th, 2011, at around 11:13am.   He weighed in at a whopping 5lbs, 8oz, and 18.5 inches long. After a short time of concern over his blood sugar levels, he learned to eat, and now baby, mommy, and daddy are doing just great.  If all goes well, he and mommy should be headed home tonight.

Emily's mom, Cathy,  made the trip out from Virginia, and was here to celebrate the birth with our oldest daughter.  Alene and I, along Cathy and Cameron, were in the waiting room, waiting for word on the birth.  When daddy Nacakta came out and said Ellis is born, we asked "how big is he?"

Nacakta held his hands a little ways apart and said, "about this big."

Gah! Details, man, details!

Here's some photos from the blessed event.

Cathy, momma Emily, and Mike, with the new baby. 

Momma Emily and daddy Nacakta. 

Alene and momma Emily. 

Grandpa and grandson. He's so tiny!

Grandma Alene and grandson. 

"Let me sleep, would ya?"
So, I post this chronicle of new birth on the day when one man proclaimed the end would begin.  The day has passed, uneventfully.  God is still faithful, He is still in His heaven, and He is still on the job, loving and guiding us as He has for at least several millennium, if not billions of years.  

Welcome Ellis Latrell.  I'm betting the years of your life will likely be eventful and full.  I pray that they are.

No comments: