Sunday, May 23, 2004

Sick-days

Ok... I woke up Saturday morning about 2:30am feeling a little queasy. Not good for the middle of the night. Tried to roll over and go back to sleep but the queasy thing just wouldn't go away. Finally, about 20 minutes later, the reason my body was kind enough to wake me made itself abundantly clear. I made the bathroom in plenty of time, but ugh... I called in sick to work, needless to say.

What I neglected to post in my entry from Thursday night was, while on the way to dinner with Lisa and her crew, her daughter was ill and vomited in the van. On me, on Lisa, on the floor, etc. Poor thing... it's really not her fault. She said she was feeling bad before we left, but... anyway, we took he van back home, cleaned it up real good, and went off to dinner after all. It's pretty clear where my illness came from. Lisa's kids and her foster kid's had it on Friday. I guess it just took an extra day to get to me.

So let me tell you I've sicker in the past 36 hours than I've been in a very long time. I think I was worshipping the porcelain god at least every 2-1/2 to 3 hours, from 3am Saturday to about midnight Saturday night. I finally slept well after midnight, and woke up pretty late today. I must say, I feel a lot better, but oh so weak. Feel like a kitten. I haven't felt THIS sick in a long time. Whatever it was sure hit me hard. I hope I didn't pass it off to anyone at work when I was there on Friday.

Gonna pick up my dad at the airport in the morning. He's flying in from Utah where he was visiting my brother David and his family for a few days.

Anyway... this typing has made me tired. I gotta go lay down.....

No comments: