Sunday, July 18, 2004

Clouds Are Clearing

Ok, I feeling like posting an entry finally.  I'm not dead, but I think I was kinda depressed for a week or so.  Lindsey was gone to Wyoming for her mission trip (which she just returned from today, and apparently they had a rollicking good time), Cameron was at her mom's, Emily's busy with her 18-year old life,  and I was here all alone, in my little apartment all week...by myself... alone....just me... alone.  The walls were kinda closing in on me, and I dunno.... I just started feeling all un-sociable and hermitty.  Today is the start of my two week vacation, so maybe that has something to do with my feeling suddenly better, as well.  Hmmmm.... naw... who am I kidding? It's the girls.  I miss them when they are gone. 
 
Well, Lindsey's back and she had a great time.  She was part of a work crew in Casper, Wyoming, that spent the week tearing the roof off this little house, and putting down new shingles.  The house had 3 layers of old shingling to remove, and Lindsey said they filled a garbage dumpster at least twice a day with roof remnants.  They stayed at a junior high school in Casper, and slept in the classrooms.  She's over at mom's now, but I get the official debrief when she comes over tomorrow night for Stargate SG-1 Monday.
 
Cameron (whom I think I will refer to as Camie from now on... that is her preferred moniker) turned 13 on Friday.  She and I took Lisa and her crew to a chinese food place for dinner, and then headed back over to Lisa's place for cake and ice cream.  It was a pretty cool little birthday for her.  Tomorrow & Tuesday is birthday part-2 for Camie.  She gets and overnighter at Mom's house, then I'm taking Camie and 4 girlfriends to Waterworld for a day of frolicking and baking in the summer sun.  I'm actually looking forward to it.  The girls are old enough to go and play by themselves, and I'll have nothing to do but float around the lazy river and play in the wave pool, and people-watch.  Yup.... people watch at Waterworld.  Life could be worse.... ;-)
 
I'm really looking forward to my vacation.  I'm not going to have a lot of money, but I won't be at work.  Right now, that's a great thing.  Work is fine, don't get me wrong.  But I am SO bored right now.  I can, quite literally on many occasions, do my job in my sleep.  Just ask my co-workers, it's true.  This should not be.  There needs to be SOME challenge.  There just isn't anymore.  So, the vacation will be nice.  Some camping, some swimming, some sunning, maybe some movies.... just being off work.  It'll be nice.
 
Oh... if anyone has a good idea where I can find a nice queen sized bed, lemme know.  I need to go shopping this week and find one.  The king-sized bed I have has been a loaner for the last year from a really good friend, but it's time to give it back.  There's some MUCH needier people at my church that lost several things in a fire, and they need a bed, badly.  I'm ready to give up the cal-king cuz it's just TOO big for the bedroom.
 
So, I'm still alive and kicking.  I was just dealing with a little bit of being depressed this last week.  I don't do "alone" very well, for very long.  A few days is GREAT, but more than that and it's kinda old.

No comments: