Friday, July 09, 2004

I Got The Blah's......

I took Lindsey and dropped her off at church this morning. She's leaving on a 9-day mission trip to Caspar, Wyoming. It's part of a youth mission trip through World Changers. Church groups and students from all over the country meet at all kinds of different locals across the country and do hands-on work that makes a difference in people's lives. Lindsey's group is going to be doing actual home improvement work, like painting, cleaning yards, fixing roofs, laying floors, etc. Things that actually make a difference in people's lives. It was tough dropping her off, though. My baby, gone half-way across the country for 9 days!

Lately I've been in a mood where I just don't really feel like journaling right now. I dunno why. I think it's still the super tired thing. I got all these things hanging over my head, and I've got my head planted deeply in the sand, like an ostrich, hiding from them all. Actually, it's just two things, but they are huge! Back taxes, and the eventual divorce.

The back taxes because they are such a huge amount of money we owe, I don't know how I'm ever going to pay it off. I don't think bankruptcy will take care of tax debt, but to find out takes money to pay someone to look at my tax situation and advise me! Argh!

And the divorce? Sheesh... we're as "divorced" as we're gonna get without the legal paper, but again, when I file, it will open up all sorts of issues and arguments which I just don't want to talk about right now. Yes, they are mainly money issues, but still, money issues are important because I need money to live on and raise my kids on. So does my x-wife. See? Argh... I just wish someone would drop about $50K in my lap. That would just about solve everything, pay off all outstanding debts, and leave me on my feet just fine.

Not that I'm broke or poor.... far from it, but it's just frustrating having these things hanging over my head. And DON'T tell me "just go get it done", or I'll smack you. Just because. LOL...

Unless you got $50K you want to part with. Then let's do lunch.

No comments: