Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Big (oh)Brother

Paid Comcast yesterday with a hot check. Payday is tomorrow, so it should be all good. I read an article recently, explaining how the "float time" (the time it takes to process a check) very soon will be one day, or even less. No more check kiting. Has to do with a new federal law called "Check 21". It authorizes banks and institutions to accept a "substitute check" that will be submitted electronically by the banks to the check processing centers. Your original paper check will be destroyed, and you won't get it back. The new law goes into effect on October 28th, 2004. It's going to revolutionize how banking is done, and outside of running into it on the business page of the Sacramento Bee, I'd never even heard of this law. Its amazing how quiet such a huge change can be kept. Dang Feds, always mucking things up......

I'm in the market for a 12'x12' cabin in the deep woods. And an old manual typewriter. And lots of paper. And stamps. And gunpowder. And, uhm..... C4. Anyone selling?

Dang dishwasher isn't working right. Well, it actually started acting up about 2 months ago, I'm just such a procrastinator that I only yesterday called the manager to have the maintenance guy come look at it. Now I gotta clean up the apartment so I don't look like a slob when the guy comes in to check. Why can't they just fix it with mental telepathy and leave me alone? Is that too much to ask?

I think my cabin should be a little bigger, maybe 14'x14'. Need space for my gun cabinet.

Kids are off to school, and the apartment is really quiet. Lindsey left her alarm clock radio on, which would be annoying, save for the fact that it's playing classical music, which I like. But that leaves me confused. Why is my daughter's radio playing classical music?

I'm checking her room for space-alien bean-pods now.

And if you don't understand that reference, put down your beer because you're probably not old enough to drink. And if you are old enough to drink, and STILL don't understand the alien-bean-pod reference....well.... you need to get out more. Or maybe stay in and watch TV more?

I just don't know. But I decided my cabin will to be at least 16'X16', because wherever I wind up, I taking a freakin' queen-sized bed with me. Sleepin' on this twin-sized bed is for the birds....

No comments: