Friday, November 05, 2004

Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em

The election's done. Bush won. Republicans picked up 4 seats in the U.S. Senate. Proposition 66 failed. I was a happy camper on election day.

Took Emily to vote on Tuesday for her first time ever. I was quite proud of her. She walked through the process by herself, and only voted on 4 issues she was interested in, but hey... she voted! And that, of course, was my passion the entire time leading up to election day. Go Vote. I don't care who you vote for, or how you vote on the issues, just vote! God granted us here in the USA a unique opportunity to have a say in the direction our lives take. A little bit of a chance to form our own destinys. I just don't understand people who waste that chance.

My brother Dave sent me an e-mail, with some quote attributed to Ronald Reagan. I dunno if they're real, they're sure pithy.

"Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S.was too strong."
and
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."

So, happy election day. I'm glad it's over. Now to see how Bush is gonna run his second term. Should be interesting.


No comments: