Saturday, March 20, 2004

Feeling poopy

Had the hardest time getting up for work yesterday. I hadn't been sleeping too well the last coupla nights, and I was just deadwood tired. I felt lethargic all day, and I knew I could feel a bout of vertigo coming on. I was tired and felt kinda like I was encased in a big ball of cotton all day. It's hard to describe, but its a not-uncommon occurance in my life. I was OK as long as I sat still and kinda kept my head facing the computer monitor. "No sudden movements" is the order of the day when I get the dizzyness. Came home last night, was grumpy and tired and snapped at the kids. Argh! Hate when I do that. I had a low fever, too, so there's a small infection going somewhere. Anyway, I called in sick last night, because I KNEW I wouldn't be up to work today.


And I was right. Woke up this morning in a fog, and my head just kinda spinning. It's not like it's debilitating, just very, very disconcerting. As long as I sit still and don't look around suddenly, it's manageable. I took some meclizine this morning, and it seems to be subsiding.

***Spoiler Alert! If you don't want to see how Stargate SG-1 Season 7 ends, don't read this next paragraph!

I DID make a point of watching the season finale of Stargate SG-1 last night. Very satisfying, if a tad contrived. SG-1 has been seeking an amazing super-weapon to defend Earth from the bad guys for the last 5 seasons. In the end, they find it right here on good ol' Earth, where it was all along, and of course they find it in the nick of time and use it to destroy the undefeatable enemy. But there's something about the puny, weak humans, fighting that last desperate stand against insurmountable odds, in the face of global desctruction, knowing they will die but fighting to their last breath anyway.... that we puny humans just love! And, ARGH!!!! They just HAVE to do something with the non-romance between O'neil and Carter. (I mean, the romantic tension between Sam and Diane on Cheers only worked so long, and everyone got tired of it. It nearly ruined the show.) O'neil is locked away in some alien machine, so who knows what will happen now. I guess I'll have to wait till the start of Season 8.

***End of spoiler

EFJ and CLJ go back to their mom's this week. It'll be kinda quiet around here this week, just me and LMJ. I do like to have some quiet time, as everyone does, but I think I prefer the bustle of a full house. It feels "alive", and purposeful. Dunno if that makes sense, but ..... eh, it's my journal-thingy. ;-)

No comments: