Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Full House

Got all my girls with me this week. Makes for a full house in my little 2 bedroom apartment, but it's cool. They are such good kids, it's really not a problem. I just wish I had more space. I may have to re-think the apartment thing when my lease is up in June.

Slept in yesterday. EFJ took her mom to a doctor's appointment, then did some running around. I encouraged EFJ to use the $20 she owed me, and take her to take her mom to lunch, and spend some time with her. I'm glad EFJ did. I know it was probably in her heart already, but I want to make sure the girls keep in contact and connected with their mom. It's important to me they have a good relationship with their mom.

I had lunch with my friend AW. She's such a sweety. She's got a boyfriend that she really likes, and I'm very happy for her. She seems to be much happier than she was a few weeks ago. I tried to pay for lunch but she nearly beat me down to keep me from paying, so I'll pick up the next one. I think we spent almost 2 hours talking about everything. I enjoy those types on conversations alot.

Later, CFJ asked if she could have some friends over, mainly to work on a school project. They actually DID work, quite a lot. It's a very good poster-board project on Mars. They should be proud of their work. It looks really good.

Then I took LMJ and CMJ to see Hidalgo. Good movie. We got home kinda late though. The movie ran until just about 11pm. I didn't realize the movie was as long as it was (2hr, 15mins), so we were out a little later than we anticipated. CMJ was whining on the way home, "Dad... it's past my bedtime...."

Incredible kids...

LMJ seems a little down lately. She says nothing's wrong, but I know better. It's just so hard to get her to open up and talk about her feelings. But that's OK, she will in her time. I think she's getting a little bit bored staying at my apartment, and is looking forward to switching in April and going back to mom's house. I hope she and her mom can find some time while she's there to connect, or I'm afraid Lindsey will choose to stay here full time. She's nearly 16, and I know her choice carries great weight in the matter.

Understand, I'd LOVE to have all my kids with my full time, because I get along with them great, and it just feels "right" when the kids are here. But that's just not the healthiest thing for them. I want them to have that good relationship with their mom, but I may have to make a choice soon between a less-healthy situation and more-healthy situation for my girls, even if both are imperfect. I don't think their mom would take it very well if they decided to live here full-time, either. I'm not sure how much effort she would put into re-building or maintaining a part-time relationship with the girls. Oh, well, I'm not gonna worry about it. Things will work themselves out. I'll just keep praying for wisdom and follow my heart.

Got up this morning and ran CLJ over to school with her project (kinda hard to take the poster-board thing on the bus), where she met her friend and took the thing into school. Beautiful morning right now. Thinking I might take a short drive to the hills again, take some more pics, while EFJ is out doing errands and goes school. She's doing independent study, and only goes one day a week, and she graduates in about 1 month.

Incredible kids.

No comments: