Friday, March 05, 2004

Revelations

Back to work yesterday. Another typical day at the office. Nothing special going on.

Went to church last night to practice for the church Easter play. We're doing an interesting little play that ties into Leonardo Da Vinci's "Last Supper" painting. Each disciple in the painting comes alive and talks about themselves and their life. I play Peter. As I was practicing at home and trying to get my part the way I liked it, I was trying to figure out how to make Peter sound.... I dunno... Apostolic. Big. Sure. I mean, he's The Apostle Peter, ya know? Jesus right hand guy in the Gospels. He's got to have a big, booming voice, be strong, powerful... ya know? Well, I got to church to practice with the other guys, and as we were all doing our parts, none of us sound particularly Disciple-ish, or Godly. We're just guys. Then I was struck with the thought that.... so were the 12 disciples. Just men. Not particularly perfect or anything. Just guys. Was interesting food for thought.

Today.... work, work, work. "The Passion of the Christ" is all the talk about work. I find that fascinating because talk about God and Jesus doesn't usually work it's way into work. I prayed about that this morning. Funny how when I actually take the time to really pray, God usually does something with my requests. Hmmmmmm......

Watched "Secondhand Lions" with LMJ tonight. GOOD movie! Had me in tears (which isn't hard, because just about every movie that has any emotion to it has me in tears. I'm not in denial... I cry at movies... ). Robert Duvall is great! Highly reccommend it.

Time for Stargate SG-1 now!

No comments: