Thursday, March 25, 2004

Thursday (couldn't come up with a pithy title for today)

Somedays it's just hard to get motivated for work, ya know? This morning was like that. But when I stepped outside with my cup of coffee and saw the sunrise just starting, heard a few birds chirping, and felt the crisp air on my freshly shaven face... ok, sometimes the early morning is the best time of the day.

However, work was work. What more is there to say about that?

Had practice tonight for our play at church. I play Simon Peter. Now, in the Leonardo Da Vinci painting of The Last Supper, I'd never noticed it before, but someone is holding a knife. For the purposes of our story, Peter is the person holding it, but in the painting you can't tell for sure who Da Vinci intended. Troy brought to church tonight a nice, long, quite sharp and pointy, ornamental dagger for the play. It's way cool, with a matching scabbard and everything. I'm kinda nervous about using it in the play, though, because we have to stand stock still in the positions of the painting for most of an hour, and I know by the end I'm gonna be TIRED. I'd really hate to stab someone by accident. I'm gonna go look around Wishing Well or someplace and see if I can find a good looking plastic or rubber knife.

The play is the April 1,2,3 & 4 at 7pm, with a matinee on Saturday, April 3rd at 3pm, at the First Baptist Church of Fair Oaks, 4401 San Juan Ave. It'll only runs a little over an hour, so come take a look if u get a chance. Admission is free.

No comments: